COVID 19- Contingency Plan
Please follow and like our Facebook and Instagram page, as this is where the most current information will be shared.
|Registration and Team managers briefing will be at the back of Hastings Fire Station (McLeod Street entrance) at 5pm on Friday 24th September. Only one representative per team to attend.
– At the mass starts of Legs 1, 6, 10 and 13, runners will be sent off in waves of 5 people, 30 seconds apart to maintain social distancing on the course. You will be advised of your heat at registration.
– Only runners who are starting their leg can wait at transition. Runner must follow social distancing protocols while waiting, and wear a face mask if 2m cannot be maintained. No support crew are to be gathered around the transition area, as we must keep the area at 100 or less.
– Hand sanitiser will be available at all transition points
– Once a runner has finished their leg, they are to leave transition as soon as practicable
– Team members and support crews to stay in their car around transition, and can only drop off and pick up their runners
– No food and drink vendors will be at the event
– When on the course, runners to keep 2m social distance of other runners and marshals.
– No water stations will be on the course. Runners are to manage their own water. Individual water bottles will be available at the end of transitions and will be given to runners as they finish their leg.
– Finish line- a team can run the finish chute together and have their photo taken, but will have to leave the finish area asap.
– Spot prizes will be pre drawn and will be given to team managers at the managers briefing on Friday evening.
– The top fundraising team and top placed teams will be known by 5:15pm. They will be contacted and asked to return to the finish line to be awarded their prizes.
If postponement is to occur, a final call will be made on Thursday 23rd September and team managers will be notified by email and phone, and information will be posted on our webpage, Facebook and Instagram account. Postponement date is yet to be confirmed. If unable to run the event on this date, The Hawkes Bay Hundy will be cancelled for 2020.