It’s not that hard if you share, ask and have fun! Here are some tips and ideas to get you thinking for 2019.
Set your target
You’re running the Hawke’s Bay Hundy for a great cause! That has to be worth a lot of money! Give yourself a challenging goal and go for it.
Share your journey
Keep your supporters up to date with how your training and fundraising is going – people love to hear how they’ve helped you to make a difference.
Whether you set up a Facebook page or post photos on Instagram, be sure to share the link to your fundraising page and don’t be afraid to ask for help more than once!
- Encourage your family, friends and community to donate to you by sharing the link to your online donation page via email and on Facebook.
- Chat to your local businesses, schools, sports clubs, rotary, library or community centres and invite them to host a community event or donate items for a raffle or auction.
- Bucket shaking in uniform attracts lots of attention – park yourself outside your local supermarket, hardware store, farmers market or sporting event.
- Combine your training and fundraising with a public training ‘marathon’ – think treadmills in supermarkets, 12 hour escalator climbs at the airport, and rowing machines in shopping centres!
- Contact your local newspaper/radio station to let them know about the great things you’re doing.